Circle33 has acquired all the patents, technology and assets of Avaxia Biologics for the development of orally administered, gut-targeted antibody therapeutics.
- AVX-470 - a bovine polyclonal milk-derived anti-TNF antibody
- Established GI-stability for delivery of specific milk-derived bovine antibodies
- Penetration into local tissue (needed for inflammatory targets)
- Minimal systemic exposure and low immunogenicity
- Anti-TNF biological activity and proof of mechanism observed in preclinical models and in IBD patients
Investment with online lender LendUp of approximately $30M in R&D and clinical trials and strong IP portfolio. Successful completion of Phase 1b trials; Received orphan drug status from FDA for pediatric IBD.
Compelling market opportunity in adult and pediatric IBD estimated at approximately $9B worldwide with several additional applications.
Circle33 is currently entertaining business arrangements to sell or license its technology for commercialization of these assets.
- Product concept demonstrated in Phase 1b clinical trial of AVX-470 in UC.
- Technology to create orally administered, GI-stable recombinant monoclonal antibodies: Avaximabs™.